Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Close Encounters With Real-Life Idiots, Part However Many it Is Now

IDIOT: Just for the record, "infidel" was what the Muslim and Arab religions referred to Christians as... during the crusades in particular.. - it IS defined as a broad term in the dictionary... but I have never hear Christians refer to those of other religions as "infidels."

(For the record, no less!)

ME: "And what concord hath Christ with Belial? Or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?" —2 Corinthians 6:15. "But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel." —1 Timothy 5:8. King James Version.

IDIOT: As I said - it has broad meanings... that it is referenced in the bible - it not at all surprising.. The writings in the bible are referenced and written from people from the same geographical areas.. where non-Chistians may have been referenced as infidels... as a common term in that time and part of the world.. I believe I was clear that during the Crusades - it was the Muslims and other Arabic sects etc. who referred to the Christian invaders as "Infidels"... that it has raised so much attention to detail is delightful.

And...scene.

Anybody have any Earthly idea what this dingbat finds delightful here? I welcome guesses, including wild ones.

That's the entire exchange between me and this particular idiot. Am I growing more impatient, or just wiser? Either way I saw no point in rejecting his "As I said" and pointing out that what I said clearly contradicted what he said. Because, how much more clear could it be? And how much more clear could it be that this person refuses to see the very numerous instances where what he has said is wrong? (This refusal is key to being and remaining an idiot.)

I'm still enraged and appalled by the idiocy, but unlike earlier exchanges I've recorded here, this time I had no desire to extend the exchange further than: Idiot says something nonsensical; I point out it's wrong; Idiot says: Yeah, that's what I said.

This doesn't mean I don't care about idiocy any more, that I no longer regard it as a serious problem. It means I'm stumped. I don't know how to help these people.

Maybe shame might help: videotape idiots behaving idiotically, show the tape to the idiots surrounded by roomfuls of relatively-normal people, which of course would cause the idiots to wonder what all the derisive laughter was about. Might. Might cause them to wonder. I don't know. As wise men before me have pointed out, stupidity is tenacious.

No comments:

Post a Comment